OmniSol Holdings was incorporated in 2011 with the purpose of developing Windows, UNIX and Internet based solutions to meet businesses’ ICT needs. Pursuant to this purpose, OmniSol has developed some applications for Zimbabwean organizations. OmniSol aims to develop solutions rapidly, solutions which have such stability that, once delivered, need no further patch-ups. Thus, systems developed are thoroughly tested before deployment. The user’s complete satisfaction is Omnisol’s main target.
Africans Building Africa had the opportunity to interview Omnisol Holdings Founder Chancemore Matonhodze who is an ICT specialist making impact in the Zimbabwean healthcare sector.
- Tell us about yourself
I’m a tech-passionate man who works tirelessly at Africa-sensitive solutions. I’ve been on the programming line for 21years (so my career has reached ‘mature’ age, no? Ha ha ha)
- How were you able to raise capital?
I didn’t get any cash from anywhere. All sweat equity plus tolerance from family regarding a place to stay for some months.
- What are some of the challenges you face in your business and how do you overcome those challenges?
An unstable economy. I take each unit of time as it comes by, and create a solution for each. I don’t get tired of creating because I know that creativity is the one thing anyone can do repeatedly and effortlessly forever. I could easily be working in the Western world. Why do I prefer Africa? Africans have a unique sensitivity to life around them and a certain persistence and resilience which continuously inspires me.
- Where do you see your business in 5 years from now and what steps are you taking today to reach that objective?
I’m aiming to build my capacity to serve a large portion and eventually every African life. I see unlimited potential in Africa, and I believe all those ‘guests’ to Africa see this potential too.
- What advice would you give to other entrepreneurs looking to start a business or invest in Africa?
- Concentrate on the opportunities, choose to see the room to serve and direct all your energies at that, just that.
- Approach it from a service/helping perspective.
- How is your business participating to the development of Africa?
I’m building the capacity for African healthcare to be personalized and effective through information technology.